Wednesday, April 09, 2008

My Children, Brave Souls


Last Wednesday, when despite heavy cloud-cover and high winds, the forecast hinted at the chance of hitting the 50 degree mark, I jumped at the opportunity to whisk the kids into the stroller for a jaunt around the neighborhood. Jack must have known better, because he was slow to acquiesce to my wishes even after accepting my offer of a stash of jellybeans to accompany the ride. Lauren, too, seemed to sense this was a benighted idea: her expression turned stoic the moment I settled her into the top seat. Even so, the two of them nobly withstood the blustery conditions for a good 45 minutes without obvious complaint. My darlings, one day I will make this up to you, I promise!

1 comment:

Kelsey Carreon said...

We too have made that error! It is so windy here in Reno (I think we should be named the "the biggest and windiest (sp) little city in the world" But the kids seem to trek on and not complain.